뉴스
2009 재외동포학생 모국방문 연수를 다녀와서-권하정

재외동포 모국 방문에 다녀와서
데니스톤 이스트 초등학교 6학년 권하정

2009년 7월 10일, 나는 재외동포 모국방문 행사에 참여하기 위해 한국 인천으로 가는 비행기를 탔다.
시드니는 겨울이었지만, 인천은 후덥지근한 여름이었다. 캠프에 참여 하기 며칠 전에 도착했기 때문에 여러 곳에 흩어져 사는 친척들을 방문 했다.
친척들로부터 한국말을 잘 한다는 칭찬을 들을 때마다 이제부터 더 열심히 한국말과 한글을 공부해야겠다 고 생각했다.
7월 22일 강화도 로얄 호텔로 갔다.
그곳에는 아시아, 오세아니아 에서 이번 행사에 참여하기 위해 모인 60명의 학생들이 있었다. 환영 식과 저녁식사가 끝나고 나는 뉴질랜드, 호주, 인도, 몽골리아 에서 온 학생들과 함께 같은 방에서 지내게 되었다. 처음 만났지만 우리는 금방 친해져서 잠을 잘 수가 없을 정도였다. 캠프에 있는 동안 우리는 많은 프로그램에 참여 하게 되었다.
탈을 만들고, 탈춤을 배우고, MBC 방송국에 가서 뉴스가 만들어지는 흥미로운 과정을 보았다. 농심 공장에서는 과자가 만들어지는 것도 보았다.
밤에는 프로야구 경기도 구경했으며, 한국에서 가장 유명한 서울 대학교 에도 가보았다. 서울 시내에 흐르는 청계천은 아름다운 시냇가였다. 물고기도 볼 수 있었다. 옛날엔 더러운 물이 흘렀다는데 상상을 할 수가 없었다. 옥토끼 천문대에도 가보고 강화도 섬을 한 바퀴 돌아보았다. B-boy를 사랑한 발레리나 라는 B-boy 공연을 보았는데 춤 솜씨가 정말 훌륭했으며 감동적인 내용이었다. 그런데 무엇보다도 신나는 행사는 바로 롯데월드 에 간 것이었다. 몇 년 전에도 가 보았지만 이번에는 친구들과 함께 여 서 인지 더욱 신이 났다. 특별히 아틀란티스와 자이언트 드롭이 가장 좋았다. 그 놀이기구를 못 타는 친구들도 있었지만 나는 어쩐지 그런 게 신이 났다. 하루 종일 놀았지만 돌아올 때는 정말 아쉬웠다. 마지막 행사인 시상식 때 에는 내가 솔선수범상을 타게 되었다. 어쩐지 부끄러웠지만 자랑스럽기도 했다. 밤에는 친구들과 이메일 주소를 적어주며 연락하기로 했다. 그 동안 함께 지낸 친구들과 헤어지려니 서운했다. 밤 늦게 까지 텔레비전도 보고 가게에 내려가서 컵라면도 사먹으면서 재미있게 지낸 친구들이었다. 더 열심히 공부해서 다음에도 꼭 다시 만나자고 했다. 캠프에서 배운 것처럼 어느 나라에 살던지 열심히 한국말을 배우고 사용 하자고 약속했다. 어렸을 때부터 한글을 가르쳐주신 부모님께 감사 드리며 특히 엄마의 요리가 정말 그리웠다. 이 행사에 오게 해주신 한글 선생님과 어른들께 감사 드립니다. 권하정 드림

The written expression of feelings and emotions of the Overseas student Korean tour by Esther Kwon, year6 , Denistone East Public School NSW, AUSTALIA.

On the '09/07/10 Friday, I was in a plane headed for Korea for an over seas Korean camp Australia was in a frosty winter and Korea had a humid summer. As I arrived few days before the camp commenced, I visited my relatives scattered all over Korea and every time I was complimented for my Korean skills I became even more determined to be better at Korean.

7/22 (the first day, Wednesday) I arrived at the Royal hotel where students from 16 countries gathered. After the welcoming dinner I ran up to the hotel suite to meet children my age from Mongolia, India, Australia and New Zealand. Even though we barely knew each other, we quickly became friends. I participated in many activities and the student body moved as a whole they include mask making and news programming. At night I visited the famous Seoul National University, and I saw a beautiful river ('Cheonggaecheon') flowing in the middle of the city I could not believe that a long time ago it was all dirty water but the activity that I anticipated the most had been Lotte World, although I had already been, it was more wild as I was with a group of bustling girls. My personal favourite was the Atlantis and the unforgettable Giant Drop most girls found these rides rather terrifying I just found them fun. After playing for eight hours I found it hard to go back to the hotel.

7/30 (last day Thursday) At the closing ceremony I received the 'role model' award and I was embarrassed and proud at the same time, by night there was a scramble for email addresses and phone numbers. With my friends I had watched TV past midnight and bought ramen at the downstairs shop.

I missed my parents and mum's cooking. Thank you to those adults and the Korean Government who made my time in Korea worthwhile and supported me, I shared a great experience.
Thank you.
Yours sincerely,
Esther Kwon.